Create an account
If you haven't done so already, start a Cloud trial here.
We suggest you split your investigation into two phases:
- Firstly, explore the Cloud console.
- Next, connect your existing systems/software with the API to automatically generate documents.
Phase 1. Exploring the Cloud console
The Cloud console is a convenient web portal that can be used to upload and manage templates/images.
You can experiment with generating documents, using the render feature, without having to use the API.
- Exploring the console using the menu down the left of the console.
- From the templates page, select one of the sample templates preloaded to your account and then right-click > Render.
- The render page is provided as simple way of simulating a call to the API.
- From the render page, use the JSON/XML buttons to generate dummy data that matches the template.
- Hit the Render button to generate a document based on the template. The generated document will download by the browser.
- Download a template and open using an editor on your computer. Make some changes to the template; Save; then upload the modified template file to your account.
- Render the template again to see the changes.
- Start creating and uploading your own templates and generate dummy data to test them.
Phase 2. Generate a document using the API
- From the API page of the Cloud console, locate your API access key and the Base URL for your preferred processing location. You will need these to connect to the API.
- Building a custom software application? Download a Code Sample from this site that suits your preferred platform and data format.
- Sending data from a third-party platform? Search the Integrations articles on this site for your platform.
- In your code/integration use the correct combination of the Base URL and the API access key .
- Run the example.
Note: During a trial you can only email documents to yourself.
Refer to the Web Services Guide in the Documentation section of this site for full details on connecting to the API.
- Document: Try creating a template from scratch that matches your document. You can download sample templates and matching data files from the Example Templates and Template Tutorials categories.
- API: Decide on your preferred workflow. Where is the live data coming from? How is it structured? This will determine how you should name the fields in your template.
Please reach out to our Support Team with any questions.